Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DC Rx Card




As assigned by my professor we were supposed to attend our ward's monthly ANC meeting. I was fortunate to do so. During the meeting a lot of information was brought up and discussed. One story that stood out to me was the new DC Rx card that the DC Chamber of Commerce is giving out to residents of the District to use to receive discounts on their prescription drugs.

When I decided to do this story, I didn't really have a direction. I just figured it would all come to me when I started doing my research. At the ANC meeting representatives from the DC Chamber of Commerce spoke about how the card works and how it will benefit the residents of DC.

I managed to get their contact information and I contacted them with several questions. All of my questions were answered plus many more. It was just hard getting in contact with Meredith because there were two people working with the DC Chamber of Commerce with the same first name.

I then thought of a way I could make my story unique and that was by adding the medical society of the district of Columbia. I wanted to know what role they were taking in helping patients get help with affording their medication.

I learned that the DC Rx card is accepted at various pharmacies as long as they are one of the many stores that support the discount card. This card can also be used in different states as well.
I wasn't able to get someone from a pharmacy to speak to me, and I went to various CVS locations. That was very difficult and frustrating. But I was able to get a resident to speak to me about how she heard about the DC Rx card. I really enjoyed researching and writing this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment