Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gala Theatre














I believe this was one of my hardest stories that I had to complete. I wasn't able to get a lot of people to speak on behalf of this theatre. One, because a lot of people haven't heard about this theatre. Maybe because it caters to the Hispanic community more so, than any other. But people aren't aware that this theatre shows films, with English subtitles.

Since, I have been a student at Howard University, I can admit that I had never known of this place. And it's funny because I definitely pass right by it on my way to the grocery store in Columbia Heights.

This theatre has a lot of rich history and has a lot to offer to the surrounding community. I wasn't able to speak with the founding members in person or on the phone but we did correspond through email. I figured this might be easier, there might have been a language barrier.

The people who I spoke with seemed very enthusiastic when talking about the theatre. I would like to get a couple more opinions an/ or views but its hard when there is a limited number of people who know about this place.

The theatre is in a very historic theatre called the Tivoli theatre and it has a lot of rich history and seems to be in very good shape from looking at the exterior.

No comments:

Post a Comment