Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dry Spell/ Update







So, as the semester comes to a close, I am finding it harder and harder to find some story ideas. I don't want to do the cliche stories. For example, the Cherry Blossom Festival. I want to expand my journalistic skills and find stories that can capture the essence of what I feel as though my readers would be interested in.

I thought of doing a story on the possible opening of a new Smithsonian museum of African American History and Culture. I think that would be a great story. But there might not be a lot of information on it seeing how it is scheduled to open on the National Mall in 2015.

I also wanted to do a story on the closing/remodeling of the Mt. Pleasant Library that is scheduled to occur in the beginning of April.

I'm having a hard time finding someone who I feel is worthy enough to do a profile on, I could do it on one of my ward's ANC council members because I believe that each of them lead a very hectic and strenuous life. But I'm still in the proces of finding someone who I feel is suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment