Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Famous Howard Theatre will soon return

Many people have been hoping and wishing for the day to come when the famous-Howard Theatre would once again be up and running.

I decided to pay homage to the late and great Howard Theatre, a place where many African Americans got their first taste of fame. Many people relied on this establishment to bring them genuine talent.

For some decades, this place hasn't had any talent grace its beloved stage. But sooner than later that day will come.

I wasn't able to get any information regarding the building schedule but I might be looking in the wrong places. I have been on their website and I have attempted to email a variety of people but they keep getting sent back to me.

I will try to visit the site sometime this week and see if I can find a number somewhere on site. I did get a lot of good interviews from community members. I couldn't find anyone who was in much older to speak to me about the Howard theatre, I figured I wanted people who could better appreciate the return of the Howard Theatre.

In my opinion, I think that the return of the Howard Theatre will open a lot of doors for up and coming artists in the DMV.

No comments:

Post a Comment